I am a full stack engineer whose passion lies in building great products while enabling others to perform their roles more effectively.
I have led, architected and built horizontally scalable backends under SOA, REST, GraphQL and GRPC. On the frontend side, I have experience building applications with ReactJS & Flux architectures.
As a developer, I understand the code as a craft and I am always focused on writing high quality and clean code. I feel confident working with TDD and BDD but also identifying the best testing approach for any development.
My previous experience working as a QA & DevOps & Cloud Engineer helps me to be focused on creating great development environments and automating tasks to create the most suitable CI & CD workflows. Regarding the Cloud technologies, I have experience with AWS, GCP, Kubernetes, Helm Charts, Docker, Swarm, Docker Compose to name a few. As a Devops, Not only have I worked with automation tools such as Github Actions, Jenkins, Travis but also creating the infrastructure as a code with Ansible, Terraform and Cloud Formation.
Currently, I am enrolled in a Master in Artificial Intelligence and It is my desire to develop my career in this field. I can code in several programming languages such as Go, Java, NodeJS, Python, Groovy, Ruby among others and I really love the approach of functional languages such as Rust, Elixir or Erlang.
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER | NEW RELIC | MARCH 2021 - AUGUST 2021
- Designing and implementing new integrations for monitoring infrastructure.
- Assisting other developers in Software development best practices.
- Bug-fixing taks on existing integrations.
CLOUD TECH LEAD | BBVA | MARCH 2017 - MARCH 2021
- Leading squad in charge of implementing the kernel of the BBVA Cloud platform
- Automating infrastructure creation.
- Providing projects with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment mechanisms.
- Setting up the development environment & automating integration tests.
- Assisting developers.
QA LEAD / DEVOPS | FREELANCE | FEBRUARY 2015 - MARCH 2017
- Leading strategy of testing automation in architecture teams in BBVA.
- Developing new functionalities for BBVA mobile & net applications.
- Designing & building microservices architectures for new internal products at Santander Bank.
- Automating CI pipelines and providing automation for infrastructure as a code.
- Working in the research & development department and introducing Cloud technologies to other teams.
SOFTWARE ARCHITECT | BANKIA | AUGUST 2014 - FEBRUARY 2015
- Leading architecture team in charge of building required solutions.
- Building microservice applications for automating internal business workflows at Bankia.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER | FREELANCE (IRELAND) | MAY 2012 - SEPTEMBER 2013
- Implementing new functional requirements and bug fixing for telecom companies management applications at Fujitsu.
- Implementing new functionalities for the NewBay white label software platform which powers cloud-based services for storing, sharing, accessing and organizing digital content.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER | UCM / KOTASOFT / ATOS / IBERMATICA | MAY 2007 - SEPTEMBER 2012
- Building several products, mainly in the backend side.
- Assisting other developers.
- Working under different architectures and with several programming languages.
- Master Degree in Artificial intelligence (February 2021 - March 2022?)
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (September 2003 - May 2007)
- Several self-training and non official certifications